Air compressors are best known for outstanding feature that more powerful, versatile and easily interchangeable, safer alternative than traditional power tool. Choosing among many kinds of compressors makes you feel confused if you do not know exactly what you need. That is due to the compressor power a variety of tools on a wide range of applications, with many variants and different models. This buying guide will let you know the factors to consider when shopping, so you can feel confident you are choosing the ideal compressor is to match the unit to the job demands.
In guiding you buy compressors will be know more about the factors: which right types, right sizes to meet your demands, how to save money, energy costs and maintenance costs, common mistakes, etc.. Excepting, you can read more article about best air compressor at aircompressormartguru.com . The article about air compressor reviews will help you choose best air compressor for you .
- Using at home
Compressors for consumer are often single-level tank, model and price of oil less cost, smaller, the mobile unit (or on the person or wheeled) that move easily from the garage to the house, or roof terrace. The types of compressors are made for the family duties generally small size, as pumping tires, toys and sports gear. They are also very suitable for occasional use pneumatic tools.
- Using for business
Compressors which are used for professional applications or business frequently requires multiple power tools. There are many types of compressors professional level, but one common factor is that they tend to be, not a “oil-lubricated” or “oil-less”. They have features that allow you to perform on the job more requirement with much horsepower, more CFM, more PSI. They often have higher prices than consumer-grade compressor, but they are more powerful and more durable. Portable air compressors are generally suitable for contractors and highly skilled people. Static is the best compressor for the factories and garage of serious hobbyists and professionals (carpenters, automobile repair, etc.)
Aspects of interest
- The ability of moving
This is an important factor when choosing an air compressor. Compressors are divided into two major types:
- Portable air compressors is very diverse with the shapes and size. Small model have the light enough to carry, and larger ones are equipped with wheels that makes them easy to move. For applications such as provide energy, nail gun or pump the tires, try using the machine with lightweight, oil-free compressor with a 2-6 gallon tank. Or if you are looking for a portable air compressor suitable for working on a car in the garage, you will need more energy and greater storage air. Consider a vertical compressor space saving with wheels and a 20-30 gallon tank.
- Static compressors are designed to be bolted to a fixed area wireless and directly into electrical circuit of building. It is ideal for garages and factories because they make it easy to use a variety of air tools that cost less and offer higher performance than comparable power tools.
- Power supplies
Air compressors can be run by electricity or gasoline.
- Electric air compressor can be plugged in anywhere and get the best use in confined areas because it does not emit smoke, they are the better choice for indoor applications.
- Compressors gasoline is a good choice for outdoor work areas, or in well-ventilated work area., Where power is limited or unavailable because they have emission. They often have more horsepower electric models, so they can create more PSI.
Capacity and pressure are two key technical specifications to consider when selecting the compressor.
- The pressure be decided by the types of tools / devices you use
- The required capacity of your compressor are determined by the gas consumption of all the tools and your machine.
- The size of tank
The size of the tank of the compressor is an important factor because it decides how long the air tool can run before returning to the compressor. Tank size is evaluated in gallons, and run from 1 to 80 gallons. There are no fixed rules for the selection of the compressor size pool, but we recommend the use of gas cylinders in size as large as possible, the actual tank you can afford
Changes in pump design can make a difference in compressor performance. Here are some important points you need to remember.
- Oil-lubricated compressors require oil to operate. Lubricant in moving parts in pumps to prevent wear and tear. Lubricant compressor often is larger and heavier than the similar oil-free, and the oil must be monitored and changed in order to avoid errors.
- Oil-free compressors are made from a material similar to non-stick pan to lubricate the cylinder. Because no oil, oil-free compressor is smaller and lighter than the lubricant compressors, so it has become a popular choice for home and website.
There are so many types and models of air compressor is available, it’s easy to get confused. And besides many designs and sizes, with additional options such as dryers and filters.
Do not worry! When you know exactly what to look for, buying the compressor becomes quite simple and straight forward progress.